Sunday, April 25, 2010

I like to avoid the topic.

I have no doubt my entire family already know I'm a lesbian despite the fact that I never even mention the topic to them. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years. It's obvious they should know unless they're blind to the thought. Although I don't have an extremely conservative-christian-family, or around something like that, it's still scary. My mother accepts homosexuals, bisexuals, heterosexuals, whatever you are! She is okay with it. My father on the other hand, well he is the typical "stay away from me you gay person you!" type of dad. It's a sin to him. He doesn't really concern me since I don't see him very much anyway.

I freak out at the thought of "walking out of the closet" for once. It seems so easy, but yet scary. I may not be thrown out of the house, or be spoken about the bible, but it's a big step. Ever since I was a little girl I've liked girls. I tried to hide that side of me. Moreover, I'm the shyest person you will ever meet. I'm that shy, nerdy, doing well in everything, type of girl. I keep most of my personality hidden from the public.

I have to stand up for once and stop hiding. I know. I usually avoid this topic, and I don't know when that day will come. I'm sure I'll be okay. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to tell the world I'm gay. If it even matters.